Top 7 WOW FACTOR must haves for 2011
Keep your main décor choices leaning towards the classic. Why? Trendy becomes passé very quickly and you don’t want your wedding to look dated before you even get your wedding photo album. Then adding in your trendy and or elaborate wow factor in touches will make it more timeless and impactful while at the same time still blowing away your guests. In addition, WOW FACTOR is just that, touches of over the top sprinkled through out your wedding ceremony and reception. Items that are or can still be classic but pack a big punch. We’ve all seen the pink and turquoise color scheme with the teased up hair and puff sleeves. One glance and you say, “Oh you were married in the 1980’s”. Timeless classic with big impact touches is what WOW Factor really is. Its even better, if your guests aren’t expecting WOW Factor then it really creates an impression that people will talk about for years.
1. Country rustic chic – Hum, what is that exactly? A little rusted wrought iron, metal sculptures, twig and branch ensembles, planters with bark. Touches of white or white painted wrought iron and metal sculptures. Milk glass for floral arrangements or centerpieces.
2. Outdoor weddings featuring high quality bling, diamonds and tear drop crystals. If you’ve opened a wedding magazine in the last few months, you’ve seen ton’s of this.
3. Vintage in both dress, hair styles and hair accessories which includes feathers and birdcage veils. Think Old Hollywood.
4. Details with lots of color. Lots of details. Such as cupcakes, frosted white with punches of colored sugar flowers in your wedding colors. Or all colored table cloths and napkins completely coordinated with your floral arrangements. Color, color everywhere. Color Combo’s of the year deep purple and soft pink, fuchsia and navy, coral and lime green. Deep purple is the highlight of the year. Although any shade of purple seems to be strongly favored paired with a soft yet vibrant pink it’s a nice color combo that packs a punch. Fuchsia and Navy are coming in as a strong second in the color pair ups. Fuchsia a little brighter and deeper hue really shines next to the deep navy. A summer favorite is coming in coral and lime green. With accents with citrus fruits the coral and lime green are really popping nicely together as a show stopping summer blend.
5. Corset dresses and drop waist wedding dresses seem to be all the rage this year. Both styles lend themselves well with most body types and shapes.
6. Old School Photo’s. What does Old School Photography mean? It means the same poses that were popular in the 70’s; all staged and a little goofy are becoming all the rage. Not that streamlined couture photo’s aren’t still in; just not as popular this year and even these have a little fun added in.
7. Simple but quality menus and food. Items that are simple such as comfort foods and less complicated layers or flavors using high quality ingredients are appearing in wedding menus this year. Less complicated menus, meaning just a few choice items instead of three of four entrees just a couple.